Friday 26 April 2013

Hello,

Welcome to my blog about value investments. I have a couple of goals in writing this, the first one is to shed some light on some of the great value opportunities I think exist in the Canadian stock market. This isn't a place to find information on big cap companies yielding 3% and trading at fair prices. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's not what I'm after. I'm looking for things that are undervalued - hopefully by a lot. If it's a small company with no analysts following it and no dividend that doesn't bother me if it's trading at 50% of fair value. I love a margin of safety.

My second reason, and the more compelling one for me personally, is to become a better investor. I spend a significant amount of time analyzing stocks, and putting my ideas on paper helps me focus them. I'd love to get comments on my ideas from others in the value investing community. If you can poke a hole in one of my ideas I'd love to hear from you! I'd much rather find out about my mistakes before they cost me money.

I should give a shout out to http://www.whopperinvestments.com/looking-to-become-a-better-investor-start-a-blog this post on Whopper Investments, which is where I got the idea.


Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment